Haughfoot Lodge Founder Members Jewel   The Haughfoot Lodge No 1824

Haughfoot Lodge Founder Members Jewel

No 1824

Main Menu

BACKGROUND

HISTORY

Haughfoot Lodge Location Maps

MAPS

Haughfoot Lodge Location Maps

STOW

LOCATION MAP

LODGES

MEMBERSHIP

PROVINCIAL

LINKS

Information

The Haughfoot Lodge Box - now over 279 years old

Lodge St John Stow No 216

Vist to Lodge Rothesay St John No 292

 

LODGE ST JOHN SELKIRK No 32

Meeting Dates and Time Lodge Address Time of Meeting

2nd Monday in the months of October to March except December (Installation) on 2nd Saturday at 4pm

29 Back Row, Selkirk, TD7 4LP

7.30PM

The Lodge at Selkirk can prove it was in existence and well established prior to 1736 as this was one of the 100 Lodges invited to attend the Inauguration meeting for the Grand Lodge of Scotland which was held at Mary's Chapel Edinburgh on 30th November 1736

It is the Selkirk Lodge which possess the original Haughfoot Lodge Minute Book

ABOUT SELKIRK

Located on the main A7 Edinburgh to Carlisle route Selkirk is a Prominent Border Mill Town. During the lifetime of the Lodge the main industries it is best known for are - Shoemaking, Wool and Weaving Mills.

1767 saw the establishment of the first woollen mill, producing yarn.

Dramatic expansion of the industry took place along the valley of the Ettrick Water during the first half of the 1800s. By 1869 seven mills employed a total of over 1000 people, most involved in the production of the fine tweeds for which Selkirk was becoming famous.

Mungo Park Monument in Selkirk High Street

Mungo Park Monument in Selkirk High Street

County Buildings & Court House

County Buildings & Court House

Market Place & Sir Walter Scott Statue

Market Place & Sir Walter Scott Statue

Copyright 2003 - 2014
Colour Toner refill | Inkjet refill | Inkjet cartridges | Bulk inks